At CDS Mestel, we are specialists who understand and care about our clients, their business, and their operations. We provide direction, eliminate confusion, solve problems, and improve results. We bring open, honest, and transparent communication; professionalism; and leadership to each project, ensuring our clients’ satisfaction and success.
The Design-Build method is a team effort to deliver a cost-effective, turnkey project. In collaboration with our clients, CDS Mestel selects the architectural and engineering firms as a team that works in tandem under a single contract with one point of contact for the project. The team effort begins with the concept and permeates the entire project, from the design phase, through construction, to completion. In addition to saving time and money, this approach promotes collaboration between the owners, designers, and builders.
In addition to labor, materials, equipment, and logistics, there are hundreds of factors to consider before we begin building. In the period leading up to construction, our pre-construction teams work with our clients to integrate all these components into a comprehensive construction plan that aligns with the project’s budget, schedule, and—of course—design goals.
We know what it takes to deliver a successful project, and we also know what hurdles to look out for. During pre-construction, we evaluate everything from the existing building or building site to the labor requirements of each phase. We guide our clients through the selection of materials, building systems, equipment, and methods of project delivery. Based on input from all team members and our extensive project database, we’ll present our initial cost estimates for each portion of the schedule.
Key services we offer during pre-construction:
- Value management
- Pricing of labor and materials
- Availability of materials
- Projected labor and current market conditions
- Trade-by-trade budgeting
- Detailed scheduling
- Long-lead procurement
- Cost reporting and management
- Escalation projections
- Site logistics planning, including public safety and security
From costs and budgeting to schedule and quality project execution, using the time leading up to construction wisely is the key to a smooth project.
Working with Ned, Justin and the entire CDS Mestel team was an incredible experience. CDS Mestel exceeded our expectations on every aspect of this important project.
We have been fortunate to work amongst an industry expert such as CDS Mestel.
The way they handle projects shows dedication, knowledge, experience, and critical thinking. They always find a way to get a job done-and done well!
Nicholas J. Tricarico, AIA
It is always a great and positive experience when we have the opportunity to work with CDS Mestel Construction. They have been a qualified and trusted partner for years and we look forward to working together with them on many more projects in the future.
From transforming high-end retail spaces, to bringing food/beverage venues to reality, we help clients across the New York Metropolitan Area realize their vision. CDS Mestel provides construction management services across several sectors. To ensure our projects are delivered on time and on budget, we work closely with the project’s design and engineering teams to resolve any construction issues efficiently and effectively. We coordinate all subcontractor activities to ensure the projects we manage to uphold our clients’ high standards for quality, safety, budget, and schedule.
CDS Mestel brings experienced construction expertise along with our understanding of a client’s business goals. At CDS Mestel, we view pre-construction and construction services as a collaborative effort between the owner, design team, and our team, from day one of the project, to project close out. We provide sophisticated construction management services that include estimating, scheduling, design options, and coordination of the full construction team.
Our comprehensive Construction Management services include:
- Develop and maintain the design phase and construction schedules
- Create detailed schedules to manage long-lead materials and equipment
- Develop subcontractor plans, manage pre-qualification, and nurture involvement to provide best-in-class trade constructors
- Detail trade contractor pre-construction coordination
- Coordinate all daily subcontractor and vendor activities
- Maintain strong communication with all members of the project team, including the owner, design team, engineering team, etc.
- Provide detailed estimating services using leading-edge technologies
- Implement and enforce quality control and safety programs
- Develop and deploy site logistics plans
- Provide daily project administration services
- Coordinate and manage required inspections
- Coordinate with landlords and building services
- Provide all equipment start-up and commissioning, along with proper end-user training
- Execute a timely project close-out, including punch-list items, and financial close-out
- Assist with client move in
Experience goes a long way. Since our beginning, CDS Mestel has been a true General Contractor. Now, with more than 100 years of experience, we have some of the most experienced and qualified team members in the industry and deep relationships with a vast network of trade partners.
Because our skilled project teams self-perform components on many of our projects, our project managers and superintendents know the finer details of efficient and quality construction—as well as the proper workflow for a productive jobsite.
Experience has also taught us to do things the right way, the CDS Mestel Way! We have completed projects like yours before, so we know how to get it done safely and efficiently.
We build on experience. We have long standing relationships with the finest local resources to get it done right. The New York Metropolitan area is our portfolio and we’ve been working with our subcontractors for decades. We know what and who it takes to successfully get the job done.