Long Island, New York
CDS Mestel currently has an opening for a Project Manager in our Long Island Office. This individual will be responsible for the successful completion of activities related to the construction of projects in the interiors section in the tristate area. The project manager will report directly to the Project Executive and is responsible for coordinating project execution in conformity with drawings and specifications, processing submittals, expediting materials, project scheduling, purchasing materials, general administration, and owner/architect liaison. Key responsibilities include preparing monthly schedule reports and narratives and creating and updating two week look ahead schedules. In addition, the project manager will prepare and track Requests for Information, Change Orders, correspondence, and other transmittals using project management software programs.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation.
- Allocate resources for assigned projects.
- Creating detailed project schedules.
- Supervising / coordinating / meeting with onsite personnel and subcontractors.
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to receive reasonable order costs.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications.
- LEED credentials are a plus, but not required.
- OSHA 30 training and safety card.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Ability to meet critical project deadlines and willingness to coordinate and work in a team environment.
CDS Mestel Construction Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. CDS Mestel prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of sex, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Ready to Apply for This Job?
Email your Resume to JustinR@cdsmestelconstruction.com
Connect with Us
CDS Mestel Construction Corp.
2120 Jericho Turnpike
Garden City Park, NY 11040