Long Island, New York
CDS Mestel currently has an opening for a Construction Superintendent for any project that we have on Long Island or within the 5 boroughs. This individual will be responsible for the successful completion of activities related to the construction of projects in the interiors section in the tristate area. A project superintendent’s role is to effectively monitor, direct, and coordinate the field operations. To work together with all project managers, subcontractors, architects and engineers to form an effective management team for our clients.
Review and be familiar with contract documents, specifications, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Develop and maintain the site logistics plan for the project.
- Review and assist in developing scopes of work for each subcontractor.
- Perform constructability reviews.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with all subcontractors prior to beginning each phase of work.
- Conduct toolbox talks daily with all trades working on site.
- Participate in progress meetings with the team and or owners.
- Working with the Project Manager and Director of construction, to ensure all trades are performing their daily tasks and sticking to the project schedule.
- Administering the safety program for the project.
Minimum of 10 years of construction industry experience and experience overseeing projects/trades with values between $500,000 – $5,000,000.
- OSHA 30 card is required.
- Experience with corporate interiors, food & beverage venues, high-end retail and financial institutions are required.
- Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms such as Word, Teams and Excel.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
CDS Mestel Construction Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. CDS Mestel prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of sex, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Ready to Apply for This Job?
Email your Resume to JustinR@cdsmestelconstruction.com
Connect with Us
CDS Mestel Construction Corp.
2120 Jericho Turnpike
Garden City Park, NY 11040