Assistant Project Manager
Long Island, New York
CDS Mestel currently has an opening for an Assistant Project Manager in our Long Island Office. This individual will be responsible for the successful completion of activities related to the construction of projects in the interiors section in the tristate area. The assistant project manager will report directly to the Project Manager and assist in coordinating project execution in conformity with drawings and specifications, processing submittals, expediting materials, project scheduling, purchasing materials, general administration, and owner/architect liaison. Key responsibilities include assisting in preparing monthly schedule reports and narratives and creating and updating two week look ahead schedules.
- Manage and improve operational practices
- Assist in creating project schedules.
- Assisting in the submittal of pre-construction documents for all projects, which includes Health and Safety Plans, Security Plans and the Certificates of Insurance.
- Assist in supervising / coordinating / meeting with onsite personnel and subcontractors.
- Allocate resources and materials to meet project deadlines.
- Track and forecast operational trends and analysis.
- Provide daily operations oversight for outside teams.
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
CDS Mestel Construction Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. CDS Mestel prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of sex, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Ready to Apply for This Job?
Email your Resume to JustinR@cdsmestelconstruction.com
Connect with Us
CDS Mestel Construction Corp.
2120 Jericho Turnpike
Garden City Park, NY 11040