Long Island, New York
CDS Mestel currently has an opening for an assistant controller. This individual will assist to lead a team who are all responsible for business unit financials. This individual will report directly to the Controller and is responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the business units, including the preparation of monthly financials, reporting revenue and profit, forecasting, cash flow and risk management, as well as the overall health of the business units.
- Responsible for preparing budgets /forecasts and reviewing budget to actual performances for each business unit
- Prepare projected cash flow reports
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide management and owners
- Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas
- Monthly closing of internal financials, including analysis of bank account, A/R, A/P and accruals, preparation of WIP schedule, etc.
- Manage Monthly Business Unit Forecast
- Accumulate job cost data including payroll reports, materials and subcontractor billings in order to prepare monthly cost report for each project
- Oversee A/R department with preparation of monthly invoices and collections
- Oversee A/P and Payroll Departments
- Coordinate external audits as needed with outside accounting firm, bank auditors, union auditors, insurance company, and bonding company
- Ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of performing accounting functions in a corporate environment; Construction Industry experience required
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
CDS Mestel Construction Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. CDS Mestel prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of sex, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Ready to Apply for This Job?
Email your Resume to JustinR@cdsmestelconstruction.com
Connect with Us
CDS Mestel Construction Corp.
2120 Jericho Turnpike
Garden City Park, NY 11040